Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have given their lives in the service of our country. See what you know about Memorial Day by answering a few questions from an AARP quiz.1
1. Memorial Day was created to honor soldiers who gave their lives during:
a. The Revolutionary War
b. The War of 1812
c. The Civil War
d. World War I
2. Which major sporting event takes place each Memorial Day weekend?
a. Belmont Stakes
b. Indianapolis 500
c. NBA Finals
d. U.S. Open Tennis Championships
3. The United States’ most recent declarations of war were against which countries?
a. Mexico and Spain
b. Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania
c. Japan, Germany, and Italy
d. Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq
4. What city hosts the oldest Memorial Day parade?
a. Doylestown, PA
b. Douglaston, NY
c. Ironton, OH
d. Portsmouth, VA
If you have any questions about your financial plans, please give us a call. We want to make sure you have all the answers. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!
1. C – The Civil War
2. B – Indianapolis 500
3. B – Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania were the last three countries the United States formally declared war against during World War II. Operations since 1942 have been officially classified as military combat authorized by Congress.
4. A – Doylestown, PA
The above material was prepared by Peak Advisor Alliance. Peak Advisor Alliance is not affiliated with the named broker/dealer.